Course Coordinator: Dr. Varvara Nika
Time & Location: Tuesday, 6:00 p.m– 9:00 p.m, Online via Zoom meeting
Zoom meeting: Password needed, will be posted in eClass. Sign In with SSO: You are requested to join the zoom meeting using your YORK account. You will need to login into Zoom using your oﬃcial name instead of an alias. Students shall note the following:
- Zoom is hosted on servers in the U.S. This includes recordings done through Zoom. If you have privacy concerns about your data, provide only your first name or a nickname when you join a session.
- The system is configured in a way that all participants are automatically notified when a session is being recorded. In other words, a session cannot be recorded without you knowing about it.
Office hours: By appointment or half an hour after the class via Zoom meeting. Please let me know ahead of time.
Course Web Page: https://eclass.yorku.ca/eclass/ , You will need your Passport York to login. Course outline, announcements, and important notifications will be posted there.
Several platforms will be used in this course (e.g., eClass, Zoom, Crowdmark, Sapling Learning, etc.) through which students will interact with the course materials, the course director, TAs, as well as with one another.
Textbook: Linear Algebra with Applications by W. Keith Nicholson This is a free PDF book online with resources (see eClass for more tools).
Course requirements and acknowledgements:
- A laptop/PC with a working speaker, webcam, and microphone is mandatory. Students may be required to take part in video conferences and will also appear on the video.
- High-speed internet connection.
- All course-related zoom meetings, such as lecture meetings, discussion sessions, may be recorded and posted online.
- “This course requires the use of online proctoring for examinations. The instructor may use an online proctoring service to deliver the exam(s), which would be administered through the Learning Management System (e.g. Moodle, Canvas, etc.). Students are required to have access to minimum technology requirements to complete examinations. If an online proctoring service is used, students will need to become familiar with it at least five days before exam(s). For technology requirements, Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs), and details about the online proctoring service visit – https://registrar.yorku.ca/proctortrack-faq . Students are required to share any IT accommodation needs with the instructor as soon as they are able.”