Day Two - Tuesday
Title/Theme: Hands-on Activity on Fractals - Create Simple Fractals
Lecture Topics: The mathematics behind fractals
- Continue with the mathematical foundation of some simple fractals.
- Transform algebra to geometry, formulas to pictures using iterative and recursive methods.
- Design simple fractals with the use of GSP, VB, or Java.
Learning Goal: Students will learn more mathematical details that fractals represent and write programs of simple fractals.
- Student’s activity sheet requesting students to create algebraic formulas from procedures for drawing different fractals.
- Student’s activity sheet requesting them to design fractals with given algebraic formulas.
- Students will learn the connection between fractals and sequences/series.
Facilities Required: Computer Lab
Materials: A software GSP may be needed to be installed on the computer. Notepads and pens; materials for the craft such as pipe-cleaners etc.