Day Three - Wednesday
Title/Theme: Application of fractals in computer graphics.
Lecture Topics: Characteristics of fractals and infinity.
- Continue with the mathematics behind the fractals. Explore the main characteristics of fractals.
- Design your own fractals by using craft or with the use of GSP, VB, or Java
- Students will learn about the self-similarity characteristic of fractals.
- Mandelbrot Set with real and complex parameters.
- Lesson on infinity and how it relates to fractals.
- A hands-on activity with the use of GSP, VB, or Java.
Facilities Required: Computer Lab
Materials: Note pads and pens; Materials for building fractal contest to be determined. But rulers, glue, tapes, and scissors.